Saturday, July 10, 2010

A little depressed...

So, here's something you probably don't know about me. Sometimes, I get depressed for no apparent reason. I hate it! Right now, I'm feeling kind of down. It could be because I'm on my period, but I don't usually get overly emotional because of that. OK, TMI, I know. Well, I have come to the conclusion that it comes down to about 3 things. First, I found out today that the car accident we passed yesterday on the way home had 4 fatalities. They were probably only fifteen minutes ahead of us on the road, when an eighteen-wheeler just smashed right into them. It was a head-on collision. I can't stop thinking about it today. The next thing is, I made the terrible decision to watch Storm Stories today. I don't know why. I used to watch those shows when I was little and they scared me to death. Somewhere along the road I stopped watching them, but today I was just drawn to it somehow. It was about a tornado that hit a small town in Alabama in 2007 that killed 8 high school kids. I know most people look at that and say, "Oh, how sad. I hope that never happens to me." But I'm one of those people who just obsesses over sadness and loss. I sit there and think about it. I think about how those kids' parents must have felt. I think about how they must have felt when the tornado was coming through and the walls caved in on them. I can't help but imagine that, and it makes me extremely depressed. The third reason why I think I'm depressed tonight is just the whole change of being back at home. It rained today, so I spent most of the day indoors (which makes me depressed). When we were in Tennessee the past 10 days, I spent most of my days in the sun. Being outside in the sun naturally makes you happy, and I think the drastic change also brought down my mood.

Anyway, I guess it's good to talk things through with yourself sometimes. That's one thing I can't stand about myself. I just get in these downer moods, and it takes me forever to get out of them. I went to the store a little while ago and got me a Diet peach tea. It tastes great! I think I'm feeling better from writing this all out and drinking my favorite tea!

Libby Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment