Saturday, June 26, 2010

Temptations...

So it's the end of the day, and I'm about to contradict what I was talking about this morning. I am so hungry! I'm going to try not to sneak into the kitchen to eat something. I might just go look around. You know, like window shopping. :) Days like these are a little depressing. I was stuck at home with my aunt, and around lunch time she asked if I would eat with her in kitchen. My stomach sank because I do not like eating around people. Especially when I don't want to make it obvious that I'm restricting my food intake. Long story short, she offered me two corn dogs and I ate both of them! All in all, it wasn't too bad (just 340 calories in total), but they seemed so greasy, and I've gotten used to never eating two of anything. I was going to eat one, but my aunt was like, "There's only two left. Go ahead and eat both," and so I did. Then, later I heard something frying in the kitchen and it smelled so good! It turned out that she was cooking some fried shrimp, catfish, hushpuppies, and french fries. I ended up having a tiny bit of all of it. I feel like such a fatty, but I still came in under 800 calories for the whole day.

I know, you probably think I'm crazy for being this way about food, but if I don't take control over it full force, I end up gaining weight.

Another thing I'm trying to stay away from is sweets. So far, I've done really well. I was eying a mini Butterfinger bar today, but it was 85 calories! For a tiny little two-bite candy bar. I decided it wasn't worth it. I don't even like Butterfingers that much. I think my favorite candy bar is 3 Musketeers. I used to not like them that much because they're so plain, but a couple years ago I started craving them all the time. I mean, I went through weeks where I would eat one at least every other day, sometimes more. I'm so glad I'm not like that right now. I used to want sweets after every meal, but now I'm just used to going without.

Right now, I'm making a list of things to pack for my family vacation. We're going to Tennessee, and I'm excited, because I've never been there. I'm a little worried about the food situation, since I won't be able to count calories, but I think I'll make a written record of what I eat each day, so when I get back I can count them up. That will also help me to keep from snacking all the time, which I tend to do on the road. In the back of my mind, I will know that at the end of the day I will have to record everything I eat. I'm also excited about all the fun things we're going to do. I don't know what they are, but I think I might go white-water rafting, which will be a completely new experience for me. :)

Well, I've gotta go to bed. I have church in the morning!

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment