Sunday, June 27, 2010

Homesick

So, today I have decided to go back home to Texas after the family vacation. I really miss hanging out with my friends (and especially my boyfriend, Todd)! Today I felt so lonely. I mean, not in a super-depressed sort of way. Just in a normal lonely sort of way. I miss driving around my hometown and getting drinks at Sonic and doing all the other things friends do in small towns. I feel lame for ditching my aunt, but she was surprisingly cool with it. Well, at least packing for vacation will be easier. I'll just pack everything!

One thing that sucked about today was that I was really looking forward to watching Sting on A&E's Private Sessions, and then around 4-ish I realize that it had come on at 8 AM, not PM! I was so pissed off. I had been planning on going to the actual concert in Houston for some time, but decided I should save my money. The tickets were ridiculously expensive. When I heard it was going to be on TV, I was so thrilled. When I saw that it was going to come on at 8, I naturally assumed it was going to be in the evening (what kind of concert comes on at 8 in the morning?). I would have recorded if I had realized it. So tonight I resorted to watching Sting video clips on YouTube.

That's one thing about me. I have this weird obsession with Sting. Ever since I was little, I've been listening to his music. My dad wasn't even that big of a fan of the Police, but since it was the only tape we had in the car when I was little, it was all I listened to. I guess growing up on his music has given me some kind of emotional attachment to him. I know I sound creepy, but he literally brings tears of happiness to my eyes when I watch him perform or listen to him speak. In fact, that's one of the biggest dreams in my life... to meet Sting. That's right. I'm 20 years old, and my dream is to meet an Englishman who is almost 30 years older than me. I'm sick! LOL He's so sultry and has an amazing body. I don't even have a thing for old people, but I think Sting is completely sexy. I mean, I wouldn't be all weird if I met him. Like, I wouldn't start stalking him and trying to sleep with him, but he is definitely my biggest celebrity crush. I hated it when I realized I wouldn't be able to go to the concert, because it's not like he comes to Texas once a year. I really hope I can at least go see him in concert one day before either of us dies. :)

OK, I'll stop with the Sting rant. But this is precisely what my blog is for--for me to release all my thoughts and feelings in order to not go insane... ;)

Goodnight my people!

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment